Good news for all entrants wanting to enter the Triton power tools MastersofWood Project Plan competition: one can now enter online at the Tritontools.com website.
To enter the competition entrants, need to go to the Tritontools.com website and click on competitions at the bottom of the home page.
Here they can select the competition and submit their email address.
By return they will get an email that tells them how to enter the terms and conditions and the prizes, as well as the e mail address where they can send their entries.
People need to send a picture of a completed project together with instructions how to make it.
Entrants can also enter on the www.workingwithwood.co.za web site under Triton Tools MastersofWood competition.
“Triton Power tools aim, with this competition is to engage with the wider woodworking community and to increase the quantity and quality of project plans available on the Triton website for downloading,” says Greg de Villiers, Sales Manager: Vermont Sales.
“The competition is open to amateur woodworkers for all categories, while professional woodworkers may enter the Masters of Wood category only.
“There are no limits to the number of entries an individual may submit.”
Winners and highly commended projects will be written up and posted on the Triton website together with the name of the original designer.
The best projects in each category will be made up with the process being filmed and shared via the Triton YouTube channel. Filming will take place either in the Triton workshop or potentially at the winner’s own workshop, if that is deemed suitable potentially with one of the brand champions.
The winners of each category will win a Triton TWX7 WorkCentre with all available options and modules available in their country.
The winner in the Masters of Wood Category will win a full set of all Triton products currently available in their country.
All valid entries will receive a Triton MastersofWood T-shirt. A wide selection of project entries will also be shared via Facebook and Instagram.
- Kid’s projects; Easy to access projects that can be done with your kids. Limited exposure to more dangerous tools and producing something kids would enjoy.
- Beginner Projects; Simple starter projects you can complete in a day.
- Intermediate Projects; Projects to extend your woodworking skills over a weekend.
- Advanced Projects; Projects to test your skill set for the real enthusiast.
- Master of Wood project, Advanced level project in terms of design and execution, this category is open to anyone including those who earn their living from working with wood
- Originality and smart thinking. If we haven’t seen it before or it’s a great new twist on an old favourite we will love it.
- Meet the brief in terms of the project category. Meaning a beginner project should not require a high degree of skill but still produce something worthwhile. An intermediate project should be possible with a moderate set of hand and power tools and facilities in a weekend. An advanced project should be a challenge but achievable. A Master of Wood project should demonstrate excellence in the craft from both a design and delivery point of view.
Projects with very clear and concise directions will score highly.
How to enter
To enter the competition, people need to request an entry form by email to Mastersofwood@Tritontools.com or enter online at Tritontools.com the return a simple document in MS word or PDF format to include the following detail:
- The project category they are submitting for;
- At least one good quality digital Image of the finished article (so you must have made it at least once);
- A full list of materials required including any sundries like glue or sand paper;
- A cut list;
- A systematic step by step description of the build process. Any complex steps should be illustrated by additional images and annotations.
- Entries for the competition will be accepted up until the 30th of April 2017.
- The winners will be announced by 31 May 2017.
- There is no limit to the number of project entries you can submit.
- All projects must be predominantly made of wood in any form, including engineered wood.
- Objects must be useful, practical, beautiful or any combination of the three.
- The submission should be your own work without copyright limitation.
- Entries or images of completed work may be published by Triton in conjunction with the competition. The original contributor will be acknowledged in any published format that the project or object appears.
- Projects may be submitted in either metric or imperial measurements.
- The judge’s decision will be final no correspondence will be entered regarding the decision of the judges.
Triton is a leading brand in the Vermont Sales operation and is available at all leading stores countrywide for more information on your nearest retail outlet or the competition contact, Vermont Sales on 011 314 7711 or visit their web site www.vermontsales.co.za Trade enquiries welcome